Idioms about happiness
Everyone wants to be happy, no matter where they come from or what their culture is. People have always tried to express happiness through words. In this blog post, we will learn idioms that express happiness. These idioms not only expand your vocabulary but also provide fun and creative ways to express joy and happiness in your everyday conversations.
On cloud nineWhen someone is on cloud nine, they are extremely happy and excited.
- I felt like I was on cloud nine when I got a promotion at work.
- When my niece was born, I was on cloud nine.
Jump for joyThis idiom means to be very pleased or happy about something.
- The kids jumped for joy when they found out they were going to Disneyland.
- They announced the extended deadline, but the students weren't exactly jumping for joy.
Over the moonThis idiom means extremely happy and excited.
- He is over the moon about his acceptance into his dream university.
- When her book became a bestseller, the author was over the moon with pride.
Grin/Smile/Beam from ear to earWhen you are grinning, smiling, or beaming from ear to ear, it means you are smiling a lot because you are very happy.
- When she saw the surprise party, she was grinning ear to ear.
- She passed her driving test and was beaming from ear to ear.
On top of the worldIf you say that you feel on top of the world, it means you feel extremely happy.
- I've been feeling on top of the world since I received the job promotion.
- Whenever I accomplish a difficult task, it makes me feel on top of the world.
In seventh heavenThis idiom means to be extremely happy or in a state of great bliss.
- After receiving the promotion, Sarah was in seventh heaven for the entire weekend.
- She's been in seventh heaven since she adopted the puppy.