b) to try
2. They sat down and ________ the terms of the agreement.
3. In spite of ________, we agreed to go out.
a) we feel tired
b) feeling tired
c) we felt tired
4. Most teens are ________ the phone for hours every day.
5. I have a birthday in December. I was born ________ December 18.
6. It often rains heavily in your land, ________?
a) doesn't it
b) aren't it
c) haven't it
7. My grandmother knows ________ to read ________ to write. She is not literate.
8. There's always ________ money in my wallet in case of an emergency.
9. High unemployment is a direct ________ the economic downturn.
a) resulting of
b) result of
c) result on
10. Their economy has grown, while our economy, ________, has declined.
a) in contrast
b) even though
11. There is no doubt that a diplomatic solution is ________ than warfare.
c) more desirable
12. The sun ________ at nine o'clock last evening.
13. I didn’t understand a word of his story. ________
a) So did I.
b) Neither I did.
c) Neither did I.
14. She’ll ________ a fortune when her father dies.
a) come into
b) come along
c) come through