1. My phone call was cut _____ in the middle of my conversation.
2. If you want to lose weight, you should cut _____ on fatty foods.
3. The plane's engine cut _____ and the pilot was forced to bail out.
4. A vandal cut _____ five trees with a chainsaw.
5. I will cut _____ the overhanging branches that come into my house.
6. He always cuts the interesting articles _____ the magazine.
A) in on
C) out of
7. These problems cut _____ national and regional boundaries.
8. He still needs someone to cut _____ his food for him.
9. I'm sick and tired of you two arguing - cut it _____!
10. The armed forces have agreed to cut _____ defence spendings by 10 percent.
A) out of
C) back on