1. It can take over a month to get ____ an illness like that.
2. The referee called ____ the game because of the weather.
3. I can always count ____ you to help me in an emergency.
4. Before I travelled to Paris, I brushed ____ my French.
A) up on
5. He really takes ____ his father in looks.
A) up with
6. She’s set the alarm clock to go ____ at 6am tomorrow morning.
7. I don’t know how she puts ____ his bad behaviour.
B) in for
C) up with
8. Make sure the sales agreement is properly drawn ____.
9. Can you tell us how this situation came ____?
C) down on
10. Don’t wait ____ for me. I may be back very late.
11. I didn’t want to go skiing, but Peter talked me ____ it.
A) up to
12. The project fell ____ because we couldn't get enough money from the bank.
13. Prices vary widely. Always shop ____ before you buy.
14. We have to pitch ____, if we’re going to finish it on time.
15. Drop ____ my office if you’re passing.
16. I blew ____ a balloon, but then it burst.
17. I’m trying to cut ____ on salt and sugar.
18. If you keep on doing that you'll end ____ in prison.
19. I don't understand why you don’t get ____ well with your colleagues.
20. The office workers tried to cover ____ the mistake.