1. Can you identify the predicate in the following sentence?
The waiter brought the wine list.
A) the wine list
B) brought the wine list
C) the waiter brought
2. What is the superlative form of the word "fat"?
3. What is the gender of the noun "spouse"?
4. Which of the following is an example of a past participle?
5. How many articles are there in this sentence?
The accident brought his career to an abrupt end.
6. Can you identify the appositive in the sentence?
His youngest son Richard works in the oil industry.
7. Which category of pronoun includes the words “anything” and “everyone”?
A) Interrogative pronouns
B) Intensive pronouns
C) Indefinite pronouns
8. What type of sentence is this? Leave him alone.
9. Identify the type of noun in the sentence?
He smiles with pleasure.
A) Proper noun
B) Collective noun
C) Abstract noun
10. Which of the following modal verbs indicates obligation?
11. Which of the following is an example of an attributive adjective?
A) The sky is blue.
B) The sky blue.
C) The blue sky.
12. Which of the following is an adverb of place?
13. Complete the following sentence.
_____ my knowledge, he arrived on time.
14. Which of the following is NOT a coordinating conjunction?
Which of the following uses the hyphen correctly?
A) a two year old child
B) a two-year old child
C) a two-year-old child